Lotto Belgium Tour (st. 2)
Biannic (7th), González (8th), Jasinska (11th) stay focused in another tight finish, a late attack by Korevaar (WAD) ruining sprinters’ chances; Kopecky (LTS) in gold before cobbled showdown on Friday.
Only one attempt, that by Jeanne Korevaar (WAD), was able to break the bunch’s dominance at Herselt, venue for the seven-lap, 110km circuit race on stage two, the penultimate day, of the Lotto Belgium Tour (UCI 2.1).
The Dutchwoman left behind the fastest riders in the peloton after a race with short-lived breakaways, no gaps and the Movistar Team riders – off any pressure after conceding the GC lead to current gold jersey holder Lotte Kopecky (LTS) – focusing on not losing time before Friday’s tough circuit around the Kapelmuur, which will decide the Belgian event.
— Stefan van Klink (@StefanvKlink) 6 de septiembre de 2018
A one-second split between the top five finishers and the rest of the field -with Biannic (7th), Alicia González (8th) and Jasinska (11th) near the top– didn’t keep the Blues from conserving their good GC placings from the day prior: Biannic now holds to 4th overall (+11″), overtaken by Fahlin (WHT) and Korevaar via bonus seconds, as Oyarbide (14th) and Jasinska (16th) remain within half a minute behind the gold jersey.
- 01 Jeanne Korevaar WaowDeals 2h48'39"
- 02 Emilia Fahlin Wiggle High5 "
- 03 Lotte Kopecky Lotto Soudal "
- 07 Aude Biannic Movistar Team +1"
- 08 Alicia González Movistar Team "
- 11 Małgorzata Jasińska Movistar Team "
- 30 Lourdes Oyarbide Movistar Team "
- 49 Alba Teruel Movistar Team "
- 110 Gloria Rodríguez Movistar Team +2'49"
- 01 Lotte Kopecky Lotto Soudal 5h53'53"
- 02 Jeanne Korevaar WaowDeals +9"
- 03 Emilia Fahlin Wiggle High5 +10"
- 04 Aude Biannic Movistar Team +11"
- 14 Lourdes Oyarbide Movistar Team +25"
- 16 Małgorzata Jasińska Movistar Team +26"
- 26 Alba Teruel Movistar Team +32"
- 28 Alicia González Movistar Team +34"
- 110 Gloria Rodríguez Movistar Team +7'42"