Tour de Romandie (prologue)
Colombian finishes 19″ behind winner Rohan Dennis (IGD), leads Blues’ performance at short, demanding TT in Oron.
INEOS Grenadiers stole the slow at the opening time trial in the 2021 Tour de Romandie, over 4km in Oron with a difficult final slope, as Rohan Dennis, Geraint Thomas and Richie Porte took the first three places while the Movistar Team enjoyed a great first outing from Miguel Ángel López, who made his Blue debut on Tuesday.
The Pesca native placed himself as one of the best climbers in today’s TT, finishing only 19″ down on the winner and completing the top-20 of the day. The Tour de Romandie, which features plenty of climbing en route to its Queen stage to Thyon 2000, Saturday, will take the riders over a four-lap circuit in Aigle and Martigny. Riders will tackle the Cat-3 climbs of Produit and Chamoson, before a flat finish suited to the fastmen.
Cover picture (c): BettiniPhoto
- 01 Rohan Dennis INEOS Grenadiers 5'26"
- 02 Geraint Thomas INEOS Grenadiers +9"
- 03 Richie Porte INEOS Grenadiers "
- 20 Miguel Ángel López Movistar Team +19"
- 49 Marc Soler Movistar Team +27"
- 72 Dario Cataldo Movistar Team +31"
- 80 Johan Jacobs Movistar Team +33"
- 80 Davide Villella Movistar Team "
- 107 Mathias Norsgaard Movistar Team +39"
- 123 Albert Torres Movistar Team +47"