Tour de Romandie (finale)
Colombian from Movistar Team spends 160km in the lead towards Geneva, closes courageous final weekend for Blues. Sepúlveda, Rosón finish 17th, 18th overall.
Winner Anacona (Movistar Team) played a big role in today’s final stage of the 2018 Tour de Romandie, a 181km rolling parcours from Mont-sur-Rolle to Geneva. The Boyacá native was one of the five members of a strong breakaway -together with Gougeard (ALM), Sivakov (SKY), Verona (MTS) and Storer (SUN)- starting just 10km after the ‘via’ and fighting to stay away from the sprinters’ teams until the last ten kilometers of the race.
The Colombian was a notable performer for the Blues in a weekend full of courage from the Arrieta-managed squad, following Saturday‘s long escape by Andrey Amador on the Queen stage around Sion. Eduardo Sepúlveda (17th) and Jaime Rosón (18th) were the best Blues in the final GC, won by Primoz Roglic (TLJ) by few seconds over Egan Bernal (SKY). The final stage was notched up by young German Pascal Ackermann (BOH).
- 01 Pascal Ackermann Bora-Hansgrohe 4h09'51''
- 02 Michael Morkov Quick Step "
- 03 Roberto Ferrari UAE Team Emirates "
- 30 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team "
- 50 Andrey Amador Movistar Team "
- 51 Eduardo Sepúlveda Movistar Team "
- 55 Jaime Rosón Movistar Team "
- 93 Winner Anacona Movistar Team "
- 01 Primoz Roglic LottoNLJumbo 17h09'00''
- 02 Egan Bernal Team Sky + 8''
- 03 Richie Porte BMC Racing Team + 35''
- 17 Eduardo Sepúlveda Movistar Team + 4'11''
- 18 Jaime Rosón Movistar Team + 4'15''
- 35 Winner Anacona Movistar Team + 7'51''
- 40 Andrey Amador Movistar Team + 11'57''
- 59 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team + 23'33''