Tour de Suisse (st. 1)
Quintana, Landa and Movistar Team finish 33″ behind BMC in fast 18km course around Frauenfeld.
Local track specialist Stefan Küng is the first leader of the 2018 Vuelta a Suiza after an impressive display from the BMC Racing Team in the fast, rolling 18-kilometer TTT course around Frauenfeld on Saturday. The Helvetic squad put 20″ on World champions Team Sunweb in a race with little small climbs in the beginning and crazy fast speeds in the second half. A good place for the Movistar Team to show their strongest level together.
Quintana, Landa, Amador, De la Parte, Oliveira, Bennati and Rojas -the latter two, dropped back after impressive turns at the front during the whole time trial- clocked the day’s 6th quickest time, 33″ behind the winners. The Movistar Team thus proved their good coordination and overall level before a race whose four mountain stages will kick off on Tuesday. The Tour de Suisse will remain in Frauenfeld for a circuit race on Sunday, 155km and four laps around the Cat-3 climb of Herdern.
- 01 BMC Racing Team 20'18"
- 02 Team Sunweb +20"
- 03 Quick Step +27"
- 6 Movistar Team ( Nairo Quintana Andrey Amador Daniele Bennati Víctor De la Parte Mikel Landa Nelson Oliveira José Joaquín Rojas ) +33"
- 01 Stefan Küng BMC Racing Team 20'18"
- 02 Richie Porte "
- 03 Greg Van Avermaet BMC Racing Team "
- 24 Andrey Amador Movistar Team +33"
- 25 Nelson Oliveira Movistar Team "
- 26 Víctor De la Parte Movistar Team "
- 27 Mikel Landa Movistar Team "
- 28 Nairo Quintana Movistar Team "
- 45 José Joaquín Rojas Movistar Team +49"
- 107 Daniele Bennati Movistar Team +1'23"