BinckBank Tour (st. 3)
Movistar Team supports German rouleur well as Jasha finishes inside main field, 1’11” behind five-man group led home by Van der Hoorn (RNL) – Mohoric (TBM) becomes new race leader.
A five-man breakaway dodged the sprinters’ teams on stage three of the BinckBank Tour, held on Wednesday over 166km on Belgian soil, from Aalter to Antwerpen. De Bie (VWC), Asselman (RNL), Vantomme (WVA), Matej Mohoric (TBM) and Taco Van der Hoorn (RNL) -eventually the day’s winner- got to the finish with more than a minute’s advantage over the bunch, which helped the Slovenian champion become the new GC leader.
— Movistar Team (@Movistar_Team) August 15, 2018
The Movistar Team, fully focused on keeping its leader for the race, Jasha Sütterlin, well protected, had the likes of Bico, Arcas, Dayer Quintana or Eduardo Sepúlveda near the front until the final circuit to allow the Freiburg native finish in one piece and really fresh to stay near the sprinters at the end, taking 15th in the day. The German now sits 47″ behind the leader’s green, still within the top 20 overall, before two flat stages lead the bunch into the decisive weekend. Thursday’s action will remain in Belgium, with 165km scheduled from Blankenberge to Ardooie.
- 01 Taco van der Hoorn Roompot-Nederlandse Loterij 3h47'42"
- 02 Maxime Vantomme WB Aqua Protect Veranclassic +3"
- 03 Sean de Bie Vérandas Willems-Crelan "
- 15 Jasha Sütterlin Movistar Team +1'11"
- 84 Víctor De la Parte Movistar Team +1'53"
- 90 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team +2'32"
- 91 Eduardo Sepúlveda Movistar Team "
- 102 Nuno Bico Movistar Team "
- 107 Jorge Arcas Movistar Team "
- 131 Héctor Carretero Movistar Team +3'07"
- 01 Matej Mohoric Bahrain-Merida 8h03'45"
- 02 Sean de Bie Vérandas Willems-Crelan +1"
- 03 Stefan Küng BMC Racing Team +19"
- 16 Jasha Sütterlin Movistar Team +47"
- 80 Víctor De la Parte Movistar Team +2'13"
- 100 Eduardo Sepúlveda Movistar Team +2'53"
- 109 Jorge Arcas Movistar Team +3'05"
- 124 Héctor Carretero Movistar Team +3'31"
- 128 Nuno Bico Movistar Team +3'40"
- 131 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team +3'50"