Tour of Guangxi (st. 3)
German rouleur from Movistar Team joins early break at Nanning circuit, takes 3″ bonus to sit now 10th, 17″ behind leader’s jersey before Friday’s Mashan Nongla hilltop finish.
Fabio Jakobsen (QST) sprinted to victory and the leader’s jersey on stage three of the 2018 Tour of Guangxi, over 125km and four laps in Nanning -the most populous city in the province- covered in its second half with rainy conditions similar as those the riders had to endure on Wednesday.
The Movistar Team was on the move today with Jasha Sütterlin, the German having paid much attention to splits at the two bunch sprints to date in China. The ‘Bull of Freiburg’ got himself into an early, four-man break with Nathan van Hooydonck (BMC), Manuele Boaro (TBM) and Owain Doull (SKY), an attempt he took advantage from to earn a 3″ bonus at the first of two intermediate sprints. With his job done for the day, Jasha dropped back to the peloton.
Sütterlin sits now in 10th place, 17″ behind the red leader’s jersey before the finish poised to be decisive in this race: the hilltop finish up the Mashan Nongla scenic spot (3.2km at 7.3%), end of a 152km stage four also starting in Nanning.
Picture (c): BettiniPhoto.net
- 01 Fabio Jakobsen Quick Step 2h43'54"
- 02 Pascal Ackermann Bora-Hansgrohe "
- 03 Max Walscheid Team Sunweb "
- 15 Carlos Barbero Movistar Team "
- 35 Jasha Sütterlin Movistar Team "
- 43 Jorge Arcas Movistar Team "
- 47 Rubén Fernández Movistar Team "
- 48 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team "
- 98 Carlos Betancur Movistar Team "
- 102 Winner Anacona Movistar Team "
- 01 Fabio Jakobsen Quick Step 8h24'17"
- 02 Pascal Ackermann Bora-Hansgrohe +4"
- 03 Dylan Groenewegen LottoNLJumbo +6"
- 10 Jasha Sütterlin Movistar Team +17"
- 26 Carlos Barbero Movistar Team +20"
- 43 Dayer Quintana Movistar Team "
- 47 Jorge Arcas Movistar Team "
- 53 Rubén Fernández Movistar Team "
- 87 Winner Anacona Movistar Team "
- 93 Carlos Betancur Movistar Team "