Eventful finish in Lodosa
French sprinter from Movistar Team comes again close to podium result in Lodosa as Jasinska spends second half of the race on the podium.
Australian Sarah Roy (MTS) took the day’s honours at the inevitable bunch sprint at the end of the 1st Clásica Femenina Navarra, a 120km course from Pamplona to Lodosa with plenty of little hills and long, wind-exposed straights – yet with none of the famous gusts of the area making its presence.
The Movistar Team defended the chances of its sprinter, Frenchwoman Roxane Fournier, with support from Oyarbide, Teruel, García and González (7th over the line) plus Malgorzata Jasinska’s presence in the only significant break of the day, together with eight other riders.
The Polish rider was caught with fue 5km to go, just before an important crash with split the sprint and hampered Fournier’s chances. The Blues’ ‘tournée’ in northern Spain will come to its close with Saturday’s Clásica San Sebastián.
- 01 Sarah Roy Mitchelton-Scott 2h56’01”
- 02 Maria Martins Sopela Women's Team “
- 03 Marta Lach CCC - Liv “
- 04 Roxane Fournier Movistar Team “
- 07 Alicia González Movistar Team +4”
- 50 Lourdes Oyarbide Movistar Team +15”
- 64 Małgorzata Jasińska Movistar Team “
- 67 Mavi García Movistar Team “
- 77 Alba Teruel Movistar Team +30”