Ladies Tour of Norway (finale)
Spanish climber from Movistar Team caught with 30km from sprint finish in Halden; Marianne Vos (CCC) notches up third stage win as Sheyla Gutiérrez takes 13th place.
Dutchwoman Marianne Vos (CCC) was, as in the 2018 race, the dominator of the Ladies Tour of Norway, whose long final stage between Svinesund and Halden (154km) had again the former Olympic and World champion as winner of the bunch sprint.
The bunch kick was reached after notable efforts from the Movistar Team to have a break stick until the end. After some moves from Paula Patiño, Mavi García was part of a more serious, three-woman escape, along with Pollicini (VAL) and Peñuela (ALE), which built a gap over two minutes on the bunch and was caught before the final circuit, 30km from the finish. Mavi won the ‘Border Sprint’ between Sweden and Norway in the process, which granted her a visit to the day’s podium.
Sheyla Gutiérrez took 13th place after a fast, demanding finish, which takes the curtains down to the Movistar Team’s Scandinavian tournée. The Blues’ next race in the UCI Women’s WorldTour will be the GP Plouay in France, on Saturday 31st August.
Cover picture (c): Velofocus
- 01 Marianne Vos CCC - Liv 3h52'24"
- 02 Marta Bastianelli Team Virtu "
- 03 Ilaria Sanguinetti Valcar - Cylance "
- 13 Sheyla Gutiérrez Movistar Team "
- 52 Paula Patiño Movistar Team +26"
- 57 Alicia González Movistar Team +58"
- 61 Mavi García Movistar Team +1'01"
- — Lourdes Oyarbide Movistar Team DNF
- — Aude Biannic Movistar Team DNS