Vuelta Burgos Féminas (st. 3)
European champion now 5″ behind new leader Fisher-Black (SDW), will complete first half of 2021 season with brutal Lagunas climb on Sunday. Uttrup Ludwig (FDJ) wins uphill sprint.
Danish sensation Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig (FDJ) took Sunday’s uphill sprint win at Ojo Guareña after lots of attacks in the peloton on stage three of the Vuelta a Burgos (UCI Women’s WorldTour), which didn’t prevent the group tackling the final 1.2km climb together.
The Movistar Team focused its efforts on limiting any losses and taking care of their leader, Annemiek van Vleuten, before the decisive mountain showdown at the Lagunas de Neila on Sunday, the hardest climb so far in the 2021 season. The European champion was 8th today, inside a second split of favourites that crossed the line 3″ behind the winner, which leaves her 5″ behind new race leader Niamh Fisher-Black (SDW). Katrine Aalerud also finished close to Uttrup Ludwig (+11″) and is now sixteen seconds down on the purple jersey.
The final stage, 124km from Quintanar de la Sierra, will comprise a relatively flat, early loop before the final two climbs: the Collado de Vilviestre (Cat-3), over 3km at 4.5%, and the Lagunas (HC), with 12 km at 7%.
Cover picture (c): Photo Gomez Sport
- 01 Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig FDJ Nv. Aquit. Futuroscope 3h00'28"
- 02 Kasia Niewiadoma Canyon-SRAM "
- 03 Anna van der Breggen SD Worx "
- 08 Annemiek van Vleuten Movistar Team +3"
- 17 Katrine Aalerud Movistar Team +11"
- 35 Paula Patiño Movistar Team +36"
- 78 Alicia González Movistar Team +4'08"
- 79 Jelena Erić Movistar Team "
- 01 Niamh Fisher-Black SD Worx 7h59'38"
- 02 Grace Brown Team BikeExchange "
- 03 Kasia Niewiadoma Canyon-SRAM +2"
- 12 Annemiek van Vleuten Movistar Team +5"
- 17 Katrine Aalerud Movistar Team +13"
- 38 Paula Patiño Movistar Team +2'28"
- 73 Alicia González Movistar Team +10'57"
- 81 Jelena Erić Movistar Team +12'41"