Simac Ladies Tour (St. 1)
Jackson (LIV, 1st), Grossetete (FDJ, 2nd) stay clear from early break, take better from bunch as work from González, Erić and Rodríguez not enough for team-mates to contest victory. Longer TT in Holland scheduled for Thursday.
It semed like an inevitable bunch sprint; however, stage one of the 2021 Simac Ladies Tour -134km from Zwolle to Hardenberg- ended up being contested between two of the three riders in the early breakaway, a group which the peloton never kept under sufficient control as Canadian Alison Jackson (LIV) won in front of Maëlle Grossetete (FDJ). Lorena Wiebes (DSM) led the favourites’ group home in 3rd.
The work from the Movistar Team, with Gloria Rodríguez, Alicia González and Jelena Erić always keeping in good position the sprinters’ duo with Barbara Guarischi and Emma Norsgaard, didn’t have the success they wanted, with the Italian and the Dane placing in 6th and 7th today. ‘Baby’ now places just outside the overall top-ten (11th) of a race whose GC will again be shuffled at Thursday’s longer TT of this Tour of the Netherlands, over a completely flat 17km course in Gennep.
– ITT start order (Thursday 26th): 12.34 Gloria Rodríguez, 13.04 Alicia González, 13.22 Jelena Erić, 13.37 Emma Norsgaard, 13.47 Barbara Guarischi
- 01 Alison Jackson Liv Racing 3h18'20"
- 02 Maëlle Grossetête FDJ Nv. Aquit. Futuroscope "
- 03 Lorena Wiebes Team DSM +4"
- 06 Barbara Guarischi Movistar Team "
- 07 Emma Norsgaard Movistar Team "
- 47 Jelena Erić Movistar Team "
- 51 Alicia González Movistar Team "
- 84 Gloria Rodríguez Movistar Team +1'14"
- — Aude Biannic Movistar Team DNS
- 01 Alison Jackson Liv Racing 3h21'25"
- 02 Marianne Vos Jumbo - Visma "
- 03 Lorena Wiebes Team DSM +3"
- 11 Barbara Guarischi Movistar Team +8"
- 21 Emma Norsgaard Movistar Team +11"
- 36 Jelena Erić Movistar Team +14"
- 54 Alicia González Movistar Team +18"
- 84 Gloria Rodríguez Movistar Team +1'37"