Vuelta CV Féminas
Telefónica-backed squad lead the bunch for most of their 2019 opening race, claims maiden top-ten result with Roxane as Kopecky (LSL) succeeds.
The second season of the women’s Movistar Team took its curtain up with a fine showing during the 88km Vuelta CV Féminas, starting from Paterna and finishing at Valencia’s city council square. The squad directed by Jorge Sanz controlled most of the race with Rodríguez, Oyarbide, González, Teruel and debutant Sheyla Gutiérrez, looking to support another Blue rider in her first outing with her new colours, Frenchwoman Roxane Fournier.
The eventful, inevitable bunch sprint ended up with a victory for Lotte Kopecky (LSL), in front of a nearly complete group where Roxane secured the Telefónica-backed squad’s first top-ten result of 2019 with a fine 6th spot. The roster managed by Sebastián Unzué will immediately head south to Calpe, Alicante, for a seven-day training camp prior to their first stagerace this season, the Setmana Valenciana (Feb 21-24).
- 01 Lotte Kopecky Lotto Soudal 2h08’19”
- 02 Alice Barnes Canyon-SRAM “
- 03 Thi That Nguyen Lotto Soudal “
- 06 Roxane Fournier Movistar Team “
- 25 Gloria Rodríguez Movistar Team “
- 40 Lourdes Oyarbide Movistar Team “
- 42 Sheyla Gutiérrez Movistar Team “
- 69 Alba Teruel Movistar Team “
- 76 Alicia González Movistar Team “